Please read all the information in this leaflet very carefully. It contains the conditions of sale for attendance at Cursed.
Please note the venue for this event. The address is:
Wat Tyler Country Park
Pitsea Hall Lane
Essex SS16 4UH
In the unlikely event of cancellation, all customers shall be entitled to a full refund equal to the face value of the tickets purchased (less a £1.00 handling fee charged by the ticketing agent – Ticketsource)
Please note that the event operates a ‘no refunds’ policy in all other circumstances. Refunds can only be given if the event is cancelled.
- This is an event which is aimed to scare.
- Children under twelve years are not permitted to attend the event. Children between twelve and sixteen may attend the event at their parent’s discretion, but must be accompanied and fully supervised by an adult. Children aged 16 and under will not be allowed to enter the event without an adult (someone aged 18 or over).
- Pregnant women should not attend the event.
- Some ticket holders may find some scenes disturbing.
- Ticket holders who have a nervous disposition, claustrophobia, scare easily or who have a heart condition, including the use of a pace maker, attend the event at their own risk.
- There will be electric pads, strobe lighting, special fxs, latex and fog machines used at this event. You may experience electric shocks in some mazes. Please let our staff know at the front of each maze if you have any concerns regarding the electric shock pads, including if you have a pace maker. People with pace makers are not advised to enter the maze with the electric shock pads.
- There is wheelchair access to the site however due to the nature of the event it is not suitable for wheelchair users as some sections are inaccessible.
- The event takes place both inside and outdoors. The event involves walking across the park to experience different aspects of the event. We advise you to wear sturdy footwear. We suggest you come prepared for rain and all weathers. A torch may be a useful accessory to help you find your car when leaving at the end of the evening, and don’t forget to make a note of where you have parked when you arrive. Please don’t use torches along the event route.
- This event takes place outside in the grounds. Please be prepared for all weathers.
Terms and conditions of sale
- Attendance at the event is subject to the following conditions and any other statements or directives either displayed on the premises or within promotional literature.
- Tickets may only be purchased by persons over the age of 18.
- Admission is at the ticket holders own risk.
- All conditions shown on the tickets are to be read together with all other statements or directives either shown on the ticket, displayed on the premises or conditions of sale literature.
- The possession of your ticket shall constitute an acceptance by the holder of these conditions and imply an undertaking on the part of the holder to observe them. In the event of any breach of these conditions the organisers reserve the right to cancel your ticket and retain any monies paid therefore.
- This event is not suitable for children under the age of 12. We reserve the right to refuse entry to those we believe to be under the age of 12. All children aged 16 or under should be accompanied and fully supervised by an adult at all times. An adult is classed as someone aged 18 or over. There should be a minimum of one adult to every ten children; groups that do not fulfil this requirement may be refused entry.
- Ticket holders consent to being filmed, photographed and recorded by site staff.
- No photography or filming is permitted on the premises by ticket holders. Those found to have photography or recording equipment will be ejected from the event without a refund.
- We regret that the organisers accept no responsibility for loss or damage to the personal belongings of those attending the event. Personal belongings are brought to the event at the attendees own risk.
- The organisers reserve the right to change the programme without prior notice and to cancel or postpone any activity. In the event of cancellation ticket holders will be entitled to a full refund of the ticket price. We will have no further liability whatsoever as result of cancelling the event including but not limited to, travel costs, loss of enjoyment, disappointment, emotional distress or any indirect or consequential loss incurred by ticket holders.
- With the exception of the cancellation of the event, refunds shall not be available in any other circumstances.
- We will not be liable or responsible for any delay or cancellation of the event or any other of our obligations under these terms and conditions that is caused by an event outside our control (“Force Majeure Event”)
- A Force Majeure Event includes, but is not limited to: Strikes, lock outs or other industrial action; Civil Commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat thereof; Fire, explosion, storm, flood or other natural disaster; High winds or other extreme weather conditions that necessitate the closure of the event for the safety of our staff and those attending the event.
- Tickets are non transferable and cannot be exchanged, replaced or resold.
- The organisers reserve the right to refuse entry or to require any ticket holder to leave the premises if we in our reasonable opinion, believe the presence or behaviour of those individuals is likely to affect the enjoyment of others attending the event. Any person refused entry or ejected from the event will not be entitled to a refund.
- In the interest of safety NO GLASS OR GLASS BOTTLES ARE PERMITTED WITHIN THE EVENT ROUTE, any found will be confiscated.
- TICKET HOLDERS MUST NOT TOUCH ANY OF THE ACTORS ON THE PREMISES.
- With the exception of special assistance dogs, customers are prohibited from bringing animals onto the premises.
- No smoking is permitted within any structure at the premises.
- No alcohol is to be brought on to the premises. Any alcohol brought onto the premises will be confiscated.
- No hoods or face masks to be worn in the mazes.
- No fireworks, including sparklers, are permitted anywhere on site.
- The organiser reserves the right to search all persons and personal property and refuse admission to or eject from the premises any person who refuses to be searched by a security official. Searches will take place on the ticket gate.
- If any of these terms and conditions are determined by a competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such term, condition or provision will to that extent be severed from the remaining terms, conditions and provisions which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.